In the community
Aera employees are known and respected for their community involvement. Employee participation in community events and causes is encouraged, supported and recognized. Why? Because Aera is so much more than just an employer. We are individuals and families who live in the communities where we operate. We attend events, support causes and work to make our communities stronger.
Through Team Aera and Partnership A.E.R.A., volunteers help charitable organizations and support targeted educational programs. Many employees hold key leadership positions in state and local chambers of commerce, economic development associations, and educational, cultural, and environmental organizations. In addition, Aera provides targeted financial support to more than 100 community organizations each year. Some of our most visible community investments include:
- The Aera Clinic at the San Joaquin Hospital’s Grossman Burn Center in Bakersfield
- Aera Park – a 22-acre City of Bakersfield youth baseball complex
- Aera Energy Concentration in Occupational Safety and Health Management at CSU Bakersfield
- Aera Energy Gymnasium at the Westside Recreation and Park District
- Ready to Start – a school readiness program for pre-kindergartners developed with education and business partners
Aera and the community are partners in solving problems and creating a better future.
Did you know?
Aera's unique company culture encourages a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.