- Kern County is the energy capital of California and ranks 7th in the top oil-producing counties in the United States, producing about 326,000 barrels of oil per day.
- The oil and gas industry directly contributes $11.4 billion in annual revenue to the Kern County economy.
- The oil and gas industry employs about 13,800 Kern County residents. An additional 8,300 residents are employed indirectly or through induced economic impacts of the oil and gas industry.
- Energy companies rank 8th among the top 10 Kern County taxpayers.
- The oil and gas industry provides high-paying jobs in Kern County with an industry average wage for oil and gas jobs of $80,835, as compared to Kern County’s average annual wage of $51,453.
Source: Kern County Economic Development Corporation