I. Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies to any California residents about whom we have collected personal information from any source, including through your use of our website at www.aeraenergy.com (the “Website”), by communicating with us electronically, in paper correspondence, or in person (collectively, “you”).
For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that has been de-identified.
A. What Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, which includes first and last name; email address; and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which includes cookie identifiers, clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, device platform, device version, and/or other device characteristics including your choice of settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Global Positioning System (“GPS”); and
- Professional or employment-related information, which includes your current occupation.
B. What We Do With Your Information
We primarily collect and use your personal information in order to send you our email newsletter and engage in other email-based communications with you, if you have requested it. We may also collect or use personal information about you for the following additional purposes:
- Website optimization and maintenance
- Systems and data security
- Internal analytics
- Audit, compliance, policy, procedures, or regulation
- General business administration
C. Sources of Collected Information
We collect personal information only from you when you provide it directly to us, including when you visit our Website or provide us with your information in person.
D. Who We Share Information With
We do not sell personal information, or otherwise provide personal information to third parties, other than service providers receiving information to perform services for us on our behalf.
E. Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law, you have the following rights under California law with respect to your personal information:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected or maintained by us.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us. However, we do not sell your personal information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
The above rights are subject to our being able to reasonably verify your identity and authority to make these requests. These rights are also subject to various exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information that enables us to reasonably verify that you are the consumer about whom we collected the personal information on. We will match the identifying information provided by the requestor to the personal information provided by the consumer that we already maintain. You must provide your first name, last name, and email address for verification purposes.
You may also authorize someone to exercise the above rights on your behalf. In order to exercise this right, please provide a validly executed power of attorney stating clearly who you are authorizing to act on your behalf and what power you are granting to them to perform on your behalf, subject to our further verification as described in this Policy. If we have collected information on your minor child, you may exercise the above rights on behalf of your minor child.
If you are a California resident and wish to seek to exercise these rights, please reach us in one of the following ways:
The Website is not directed to or intended for use by any children under the age of 16, and we request that they not provide personal information through the Website or any other of our web-based or communications services.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to dispose of that information as permitted by law and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at Privacy@Aeraenergy.com or at (844) 371-0838 (toll-free).
Aera Energy LLC
10000 Ming Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1302
Attn: Public Affairs
(844) 371-0838 (toll-free)